...head section stuff (Title, Description,etc.)... Through the Eyes of Glen

Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference was great! It is nice to be able to have something outside of the monotony of life. Don't get me wrong... I love life and all it has to offer. But there is something so comforting about being able to hear the word of the Lord from modern-day prophets and revelation. Not only to listen to prophets but to be touched by the spirit and receive personal revelation as well.

I stated in my last post that General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was having a General Conference this weekend. If you missed it you can still see it and read it, and I invite you to do so. I was able to listen and watch it. I also had the special opportunity to physically go to two of the five sessions of General Conference. I was uplifted by the words and messages given.

Some parts I would like to share are:

"The most powerful being in the universe is the father of your spirit. He knows you, He loves you with a perfect love. God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season. He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him."  - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Six new temple were announced to be built in Provo, Utah; Barranquilla, Colombia; Durban, South Africa; Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo; Paris, France; and Star Valley, Wyoming. 

"Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that the things that are important to us become important to him, just because he loves us."  - Elder J. Devn Cornish

Elder Dallin H. Oaks said in short that we owe Jesus Christ everything and for that reason we should follow him and serve him.

There were also points of  that having children (when, number, etc) should be between the husband and wife and the Lord (In that I think the Lord is many times left out or people decide that they will just tell the Lord what they are doing and that he will be fine with it... just because they want it.); service and helping the poor and needy are important in the gospel of Christ and not just an afterthought; we need to stand up for our beliefs even if we stand alone. There were many other great points but I'll let you look at them yourself. 

I said that I had been able to physically go to some of the sessions of conference. While there I did see a few people I know which was nice. I also got to speak to a few photographers about their jobs and to get their emails to get to know their employers and work. I wanted to do this because I received my minor in photography and I would like to pursue it.


Another great thing about this weekend was that after all of the sessions of General Conference my wife and I got to spend time with family and have good food and conversations. A great way to finish off a great weekend.

This coming weekend is my and my wife's two year wedding anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment